Saturday, July 11, 2009

Not exactly how I was going to spend the weekend....

Weekends, or at least part of them, are supposed to be spent working on pieces for my May showing..... 

I spent most of today helping my daughter clean up stuff she and her husband left behind when they moved out in May. Between finishing her masters degree and taking her youth group on a mission trip, she hadn't gotten around to consolidating stuff that was still here. They live in a very small apartment so Mom and Dad have saved some space for them to store stuff... just not in every room in the basement. Tomorrow will be more of the same. Our basement kind of looks like the TV show Clean Sweep. 

Somehow during the day, Mom has been commissioned to work on a piece of art for their bedroom. No charge, of course. Maybe I can borrow it to use in my showing in May. Hm-mmmm....

Last night, and again over the last couple of hours, I did play with a little bit of illustrating on my computer. I help out at three different encampments for Girl Scouts.... Prairie Flower in May each year, Western Skies and Piper Valley in September. This is a new silk screen design for Piper Valley, the only encampment I haven't done one for this year. It's now in for approval by the women who run the encampment.
The screen may not be able to go into the show in May, but at least I accomplished some art in amongst all of the disarray.

No comments:

Post a Comment