I finally got around to trying the mock batik technique that I learned in a class at the Textile Center of Minnesota. This time I used a 36" x 36" silk scarf. I found that the Elmer's Blue Gel Glue spread a bit more on the silk than it did on cotton so the white spaces are a little larger than I anticipated. Overall, I am pleased with it though.
This is a gift for a friend (my husband's ex-wife actually) who was recently diagnosed with terminal cancer. Her hair is pretty much gone, so I thought she might like a little something to wear out in the sun or to the benefit they are throwing for her at the VFW that she has been working at. If she doesn't want to wear it, I figured I could put it in the silent auction at the benefit.
Next project is to make a set of a dozen greeting cards for the same silent auction. And somewhere in there, I am also trying to gather all the supplies for the classes I am teaching at Lakamaga Conference - a Girl Scout leader enrichment weekend. I'm teaching simple, no stitch bookmaking and Simple Crafts for Daisies and Brownies. I think I have everything.... it's just all in piles in my living room.
Once again, not enough hours in the day.